Frequently asked questions
If you don’t find the answer you need here, please email us with your question and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
What exactly is Mail my Mail?
It’s an online ‘hybrid mail’ system that lets you create a document just as you would on your PC, but then print and send it remotely.
How do I use Mail my Mail?
- You create the text of your document.
- Send it to print on your virtual Mail my Mail printer.
- You provide other essential information – e.g. whether you want it to go 1st or 2nd class, size of envelope etc.
- Check your document by previewing it on screen, including address position.
- Click ‘send’ to Mail my Mail.
- The system checks for errors or missing information, and to make sure you have enough credit.
- It will confirm onscreen that everything is fine – you can then exit the system.
- Your document is transferred to our secure mailing and printing server, where it is consolidated and printed.
- It is then folded and inserted into C4 or C5 envelopes. We can also enclose a BRE for responses if you wish.
- Your mailing is posted either 1st or 2nd class.
How much does it cost?
With Mail my Mail, you simply pay a clear upfront amount according to the number and size of documents you want to send, and whether you want them to go 1st or 2nd class. There are no set-up costs, monthly fees or hidden costs.
How do I pay for it?
Before sending out your first mailing, you simply credit money to your account using Paypal or a credit or debit card. Once you’ve entered the details of your mailing, the system will let you know if you need to add extra credit to cover the cost.
Alternatively, if you believe you’ll be using Mail my Mail regularly, you can set up a monthly payment account with us.
I only need to send my mailing to five people – can I still use Mail my Mail?
Yes – Mail my Mail is suitable for any number of recipients. Even for small mailings, it can still help you save time and money.
What are the benefits of using Mail my Mail?
- It offers the highest levels of security – all your documents are encrypted with 128bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) to make sure your precious data stays totally confidential and secure.
- It saves valuable time, freeing you or your staff for more important aspects of your work and increasing productivity for your business.
- It saves you money:
- In postage, because we will consolidate your post with other mailings to take advantage of bulk discounts
- In stationery costs, because you’ll benefit from our massive buying power to get stationery at lower prices
- In equipment costs, because you’ll need fewer printers, print cartridges and franking machines
- In reduced energy costs.
- It’s fast – your mailings can be produced and printed the very next day, as long as you send them to us by 3pm.
- It reduces your firm’s carbon footprint as you’re using less in-house technology.
- It offers flexible payment options (pay as you go or open an account) to help your budgeting.
- It’s very flexible, so you can choose envelope size, whether you want 1st or 2nd class, colour or b&w, 1 or 2-page documents.
Is it compatible with our version of Windows?
Yes – you can use Mail my Mail with any version of Windows, including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 – as well as with the new Windows 8.
Can Mail my Mail print a leaflet as well as a letter and mail them together?
If you can produce a print-ready leaflet on your internal computer system, we can print and enclose it. You just need to upload it in the ‘Client Login’ section. Or we can help you design a leaflet with our design team.
Can I trust Mail my Mail with confidential information?
Yes. Each document is encrypted with 128bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), the highest standard currently available, to make sure your precious data stays totally confidential and secure.
Can you achieve next day delivery?
As long as you send us your data by 3pm and request our 1st-class service, your mailing will be delivered next working day.
What happens to undeliverable letters?
If Royal Mail returns any of your letters we will let you know, and provide the addresses so you can update your database.
Who do I contact if I need help using Mail my Mail?
Once you’ve set up your Mail my Mail account we’ll provide you with details of our helpline. However, the system is very simple and our customers rarely have any difficulty in using it.